Do you love your skin? You should. Your skin does so much for you. Do you even know all the ways that your skin serves you? In honor of Valentine’s Day, we give you a list of 5 reasons to love your skin:
1. Your skin is water waterproof! In a dry environment, your body fluids do not evaporate, and when in an aqueous environment they won’t get diluted or wash away.
2. It helps keep you warm. The skin has the ability to regulate superficial heat loss.
3. It keeps you safe. Your skin is your largest immune organ. It provides physical and immune barriers against a variety of infections. So be sure to help it heal when it gets damaged.
4. It keeps you held together. Now think about that. Without your skin, all of your insides would be on the outside and that’s one mess nobody wants to think about.
5. Your skin even helps your heart! When the skin is not functioning in the regulation of body temperature and fluid loss, there is more of a risk for someone with heart disease to have a heart attack.
So, remember this Valentine’s Day to love your skin and thank it for all the great and essential tasks it handles every day.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
If you really want to show your skin some love, come in and let Dr. Strachan give it a check to make sure everything looks good. You can contact us here to set up an appointment at our Murray Hill Office in Manhattan.
Are you more of a video watcher than a reader? Click over to our YouTube channel to experience a variety of Dermatological topics in full color and action.