Great skin isn't a given. It takes time and effort to combat the signs of aging and sun damage. There are several ways you can do this. The trick is to discover which approach is ideal for you. For many years, chemical peels have served the role of master exfoliators. Even if you wash and nourish your skin every day, there's a strong likelihood that your epidermis is covered in a blanket of dead and damaged cells. Chemical peel treatment eliminates this biofilm so you can show off healthier, more radiant, younger-looking skin every day!
If you're interested in consulting with us about our proven chemical peel treatment, give us a call. We're happy to meet with you! Contact our NYC office today at 212-627-1004!
What Makes the Vi Peel Different from Other Chemical Peels?
The Vi Peel combines the following to achieve outstanding results:
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) 12%
- Salicylic acid 12%
- Phenol 12%
- Tretinoic acid 0.1%
- Vitamin C
- A proprietary blend of minerals
The particular blend of ingredients that are used to formulate the VI peel is different because the specific concentration of each makes this treatment suitable for all skin types. The Vi peel is one of the first chemical peels to achieve this broad degree of safety and efficacy. Prior to that, people with darker skin tones were sometimes excluded from receiving stronger chemical peel treatment. In addition to its appropriateness for people of color, the Vi peel is also known for its remarkable efficiency in treating hyperpigmentation, a problem that is more common in darker skin.
What Can a VI Peel Treat?
This proprietary chemical peel solution is used for the correction of several common concerns. These include:
- Rough skin texture
- Hyperpigmentation, freckles, and sun spots
- Acne scars
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation after an acne flare-up
- Fine lines
Will I Need Downtime after a Vi Peel?
You don't need to schedule much down time to recover from a Vi peel. We recommend arranging your appointment on a day after which you may have a few days off. In general, you may expect your recovery to follow this path:
- On the day of your treatment, your skin may look smoother and more radiant. This may continue into Day Two of recovery.
- On Day Three and Four after the Vi peel, you may notice significant flaking and shedding of old skin cells.
- On Day Five, your shedding may have completed to a sufficient degree that you can return to work.
- Minor flaking and shedding can continue for up to seven days.
You can plan your Vi peel treatment according to your comfort level with being in public during your active shedding phase. While you can return to work while your skin is still flaking, you must be careful to avoid sun exposure.
How Should I Take Care of My Skin After My VI Peel?
While recovering from your Vi peel, you must be consistent in the use of the post-peel towelettes you've been given. Your post-care kit will include detailed instructions for use before bedtime. Additionally, it is important that you support your cellular turnover process by:
- Wearing sunscreen and moisturizer every day (you may need extra on days you're peeling)
- Avoiding rubbing or picking your skin
- Avoiding the use of foundation or other cosmetics on the treated area while actively peeling
- Avoiding waxing the area until it has fully healed (you may pluck or shave)