Laser hair removal in NYC is the permanent removal of unwanted hair on the face and body using light technology such as lasers and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) has become an increasingly popular service. Sometimes hair growth is normal, but a person just wants to remove it for cosmetic reasons and convenience. Some people develop folliculitis or razor bumps and blemishes from ingrown hairs or as a result of more traditional hair removal techniques such as shaving or waxing. In other cases, hair growth can be a sign of an underlying medical problem such as a hormonal abnormality.
Laser Hair Removal at Home
Technology has evolved so there are excellent options for permanent hair removal at home. We highly recommend the No!No! hair removal systems for the following reasons:
- It works. We’ve tried it. We liked it
- It is safe and effective on patients of all skin colors. The thermicon technology is colorblind.
- It can be used all over the body
- It is effective on all hair colors. In office hair removal is usually effective on dark hair only. No!No! works on white, blond and red hair as it is color blind.
- It is convenient and economical as you treat yourself at home. The devices start at under $150.
Laser Hair Removal in Office
Our permanent hair reduction services feature the Radiancy SkinStation™ which uses a unique combination of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and heat energy called LHE™ is a technology that affects the melanin in the hair shaft. This energy, once in the hair follicle, turns light into heat, subsequently damaging the follicle’s bulge and root. The result is the inhibition of hair growth, and a possible reduction in future growth.
Light Heat and Energy (LHE™) enters the hair shaft specifically targeting melanin through the conversion of light to heat. The bulge and root of the hair follicle becomes damaged in this process, and the growth of hair in the follicle is subsequently inhibited, possibly for the long term, as future hair growth may also be affected. With its unique light and heat combination.
LHE™ focuses on the melanin inside of each hair, converting light to heat through an innovative process. A state-of-the-art technology, the heat contained in LHE™ elevates the effectiveness of each treatment, making it more apt to produce results than conventional IPL devices. In this process of hair removal, impending hair growth may be inhibited and even prevented.
LHE™ has been shown to have equal to superior efficacy and safety when compared to other light-assisted hair reduction technologies including laser.
- Only dark hair can be treated
- Removes unwanted hair on face and body
- Treats razor bumps
- Safe on dark and light skin
- A series of 3-8 treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart may be required for results
- No waxing, plucking or depilatory use for 3 weeks prior to treatment
Although hair removal services are available in a variety of venues, an advantage of having the problem of unwanted hair addressed in the office of a board-certified dermatologist, rather than in a spa, is that an assessment of underlying health problems can be made and alternative prescription treatments can be offered. For patients who would like an alternative to light-assisted hair removal, we can provide the FDA-approved prescription treatment Vaniqa cream.