At home acne treatment- introduction
Acne is a very common skin condition that can cause a lot of embarrassment and low self-esteem. If you are suffering with acne, you may be wondering how to clear it. The good news is that there are many things that you can do to get rid of your acne and get back your confidence, and Dr. Dina Strachan of Aglow Dermatology in New York, NY, can help! But sometimes one first tries some at home acne treatment.
Below are a few tips for finding a solution for your skin condition at home:
One of the best things that you can do is to see a dermatologist. A dermatologist is a medical skin specialist who can help you figure out the best way to treat your acne. They can prescribe medication, give you advice on what kind of cleansers and creams to use, and even recommend laser treatments.
At home acne treatment- tips
If you want to try to clear up your acne on your own, there are a few things that you can do if your acne is mild:
- Cleanse the skin daily. One of the best things that you can do is to keep your skin clean. Wash your face twice a day using a gentle cleanser. Be sure to use a moisturizer afterward so that your skin does not get too dry.
- Avoid touching your face. You also should avoid touching your face as much as possible. This will help to keep the oil and bacteria from getting into your pores and causing more acne. If you need to touch your face, be sure to immediately wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
- Eat a healthy diet. You should also ensure you are eating a healthy diet. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will help to clear up your skin.
- Ensure you are getting enough water. You need to drink plenty of water during the day to keep your skin–and body–hydrated.
- Purchase topical drugstore products. Using over-the-counter acne products can also help in your battle against acne. Look for ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, which are known acne-fighters and in most drugstore products for acne-prone skin.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Dina Strachan
If you are interested in learning more about how to clear acne, you should talk to our team at Aglow Dermatology. We can assist you in finding the best treatment options for your specific situation and assist you in clearing your acne, and getting your confidence back! Call 212-627-1004 to schedule an initial evaluation.
Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links.