5 Reasons to love your skin–Musings of a NYC dermatologist
- Posted on: Feb 14 2011
Your skin does so much for you. Do you even know all the ways that your skin serves you? In honor of Valentines Day, we give you a list of 5 reasons to love your skin:
1. Its waterproof ! In a dry environment your body fluids dont evaporate and when in an aqueous environment they dont get diluted or washed away.
2. It helps keep you warm- the skins has the ability to regulate superficial heat loss
3. It keeps you safe your skin is your largest immue organ. It provides physical and immune barriers to a variety of infections.
4. It keeps you held together.
5. Your skin even helps your heart! When the skin is not functioning in the regulation of body temperature and fluid loss, there is more of a risk for someone with heart disease to have a heart attack.
So, remember this Valentines Day to give your skin some loveit deserves it.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. ~ Buddha
Tagged with: african american dermatologist, best dermatologist, black dermatologist, board-certified dermatolgist, dermatolgist media consultant, dermatologist, dermatologist manhattan, dermatologist near brooklyn, dermatologist near Harlem, dermatologist near Jersey City, dermatology, men's skin, nyc dermatolgist, nyc dermatologist, skin care, skin health